• Question: why do most scientist like pizza

Asked by anushkapatil1234 to David, Thiloka, Shonna, Shobhana, Ryan, Ross, Rebecca, Rachel, Patrick, Nina, MattyB, Matthew, Marianne, Lorena, Kate, Kaitlin, James, Ettie, Emmanuelle, Deepak, Anabel, Ambre, Alex, AlexAgrotis, Aina on 26 Jun 2019.
    • Photo: Rebecca Moon

Rebecca Moon answered on 26 Jun 2019:

I think most people like pizza. It would be an interesting study to determine whether more scientists than say policeman or teachers like pizza! What do you think?

• Photo: Nina Rzechorzek

Nina Rzechorzek answered on 26 Jun 2019:

I like every part of a pizza (the bread, the cheese, the tomato sauce) – just not all together at the same time! I must be an anomalous result. I think this has something to do with not liking soggy bread…. 🙂

• Photo: Marianne King

Marianne King answered on 27 Jun 2019:

Because pizza is the king of foods! It seems to be quite universally liked, so I’m not sure if this is something specific to scientists. 🙂

• Photo: James Streetley

James Streetley answered on 27 Jun 2019:

Definitely a summer research project for someone; to find out whether scientists like pizza more than other professions do! But there is a running theme in departments and science salespeople providing free food/pizza to persuade scientists – particularly students – to turn up for meetings they might otherwise skip. It’s a recurring theme in this comic strip about doing a PhD: http://phdcomics.com/comics/archive.php?comicid=39

• Photo: David Wilson

David Wilson answered on 27 Jun 2019:

It’s pretty convenient, you don’t need a knife, fork, spoon or plate to eat it!

• Photo: Matthew Bareford

Matthew Bareford answered on 27 Jun 2019:

It’s great food when your on the go, in the middle of studying/experimenting. It can be cooked quickly, doesn’t need any knives/forks to eat and can also be eaten hot/cold and transported around…

Most people like it and scientists will also like it because its so convenient (and tastes awesome!)

• Photo: Shobhana Nagraj

Shobhana Nagraj answered on 27 Jun 2019:

It is easy to make/buy, really tasty and can be eaten while we are reading/writing – so I think it is mainly to do with taste + convenience! 🙂

• Photo: Thiloka Ratnaike

Thiloka Ratnaike answered on 27 Jun 2019:

Definitely to do with convenience! I also like the social-ness of it as a food- made for sharing, eating while standing/sitting…its a good conversation starter too!

• Photo: Deepak Chandrasekharan

Deepak Chandrasekharan answered on 27 Jun 2019:

It’s tasty, easy to share out, and can have loads of flavours! Plus for mathematicians it’s a bit like a pie chart with fractions of slices!

• Photo: Matthew Burgess

Matthew Burgess answered on 27 Jun 2019:

Nina needs to try better pizza!
      I used to not like it but that was because it was rubbish English pizza.